Have you seen any of your parents throwing orange peels? What if you told them to not do it. Your parents will ask why. Surprise them by saying that you’ll make a bird feeder out of it! Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you!
What you need:
- One orange (for two feeders)
- A pair of scissors
- Wool or any type of string
- A toothpick or any other pointy object
- A spoon
- Knife (use under adult supervision)
What to do:
- Ask an adult to cut the orange in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Under adult supervision, poke four holes on each side of the peel. Do not poke on the very end of the peel as the weight of the bird may drop your feeder.
- Take four strings, 10 inches long, and tie them to each hole on the peel.
- Finally, add some birdseed in the feeder and tie it to a tree branch.
Your bird feeder is complete! Now watch as the birds eat up every single seed!