What you need:
- An old, used milk carton (preferably 1 litre)
- Paints and old newspaper (optional)
- A cutter
- Ice cream stick (one per birdhouse)
What to do:
- Step 1: Ask a helpful adult to cut a 10 cm circle on one side of the milk carton. This will be the bird house door.
- Step 2: If you wish to paint your milk carton, you might have to stick pieces of old newspaper on it first. After the newspaper dries, you can paint it however you like.
- Step 3: Ask a helpful adult to make a horizontal slit under the circle. This should be big enough to push the ice cream stick through.
- Step 4: Push the ice cream stick through the slit such that it is half in and half out. This will allow your bird to sit on it, inside or outside the house.
- Step 5: Ask a helpful adult to make a hole (big enough to pass a string) on top of your birdhouse. You can pass a string through this hole to hang it from your window.
There you have it! Your DIY milk carton birdhouse is ready.