*Prepare under adult supervision*
Room temperature milk – 1 cup + 2 tbsp
Vinegar or lemon juice – 2 tsp
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Melted salted butter – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Maida – 1½ cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
- In a bowl, mix milk and vinegar and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add vanilla, butter, sugar and mix.
- Add sifted maida, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and gently mix with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Cover the mixture and let it sit for 5-15 minutes.
- Use an adult’s help to heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Grease the pan with butter or oil.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the batter on the pan.
- Flip the pancake when tiny bubbles are seen on the top.
- Cook the other side until it turns golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter, honey, maple syrup or chocolate spread.
If you have a favourite recipe you would like to share with Raja Hooja, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line says ‘Hooja’s Royal Recipes’.