*Prepare under adult supervision*
½ cup butter
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
Nuts and raisins (optional)
Appliances and utensils:
Spatula or spoon
Cupcake paper or silicone cups
Measuring cups and spoons
- Put 12 standard cupcake cups in a cupcake pan. If using silicone or aluminium cups, grease them with oil first.
- Ask a helpful adult to preheat an oven to 200°C .
- Ask an adult to help melt ½ cup butter in a microwave.
- In a bowl, mix butter, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Combine both mixtures into a smooth batter. Add water if needed.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake cups (3/4th full) and ask an adult to place the pan in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, ask an adult to check the cupcakes. If the batter is runny, bake it for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer them to a plate and let them cool or eat them warm.
These cupcakes are delicious when eaten with chocolate sauce and ice cream. If you have a favourite recipe you would like to share with Raja Hooja, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the subject line says ‘Hooja’s Royal Recipes’.