*Prepare under adult supervision*
Paneer – 400g
Plain cornflakes – as required
Cooking oil – as required
Cornflour – ¼ cup
Maida – ¼ cup
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Chilli flakes – optional
Salt – ½ tsp
Pepper – ½ tsp
Water – ½ cup
Utensils and Appliances:
- Cut the paneer into cubes of medium size and keep them aside.
- Put the cornflakes in a plastic bag and crush them into pieces that are neither too small nor too big. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix cornflour, maida, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, chilli flakes (optional), salt, pepper, and water. If required, add more water, till you get a gravy-like consistency. This is your batter.
- Dip the paneer pieces in the batter and coat them with the crushed cornflakes.
- Use an adult’s help to heat some oil for deep frying.
- Fry the paneer pieces with an adult’s help until they turn golden-brown in colour.
- Serve hot. Bon appetit!
If you have a favourite recipe you would like to share with Raja Hooja, send it to us at email@example.com. Make sure the subject line says ‘Hooja’s Royal Recipes’.