Amla/Indian gooseberry – 250 g
Jaggery powder – 150 g
Rock salt – 2 tsp
Jeera/Cumin powder – 1 tsp
1. Soak the amla in hot water, cut it into thin slices, and remove the seeds.
2. Spread all the amla slices on a tray.
3. Coat each slice with jaggery powder, cumin powder, and rock salt.
4. Leave the tray untouched for 2 days. The amla will let out some water.
5. Strain this water using a sieve. Do not discard the water. Use it for cooking later.
6. Now, place the amla where you get a lot of sunlight.
7. While you will need to sun dry it for two to three days, make sure to not dry the amla completely. There needs to be a little moisture left in it.
8. Sprinkle some jaggery on top of your sun-dried amla pieces and store them in an airtight container. Your amla candies are ready!