*Prepare under adult supervision*
Cumin (jeera) seeds – ¼ cup
Whole coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
Black peppercorn – 1 tbsp
Thyme (ajwain) – ½ tsp
Asafoetida (hing) – ½ tsp
Dry mango powder – ¼ cup
Black salt – 2 tbsp
Pink salt – 1 tsp
- Heat a frying pan.
- Put cumin and coriander seeds on it and roast them until the aroma fills the kitchen.
- Once the mixture has been roasted and cools a little, put it in a blender.
- Add black peppercorn and thyme to the blender. Grind it until you get a smooth powder.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix well.
- Your chat masala is ready. Use it now or store it for later. Make sure to store it in a glass jar. It can last up to a maximum of two months.